Join Our Team
We are currently hiring! Check out the open positions below and come join our team.
To Apply: Please send your resume by mail to 170 Craig Street, Duncan BC V9L 1V9, or via email to email@example.com
Corporate Affairs Manager
Matraea Trading Ltd., markets a selection of Natural Products to Expecting and New Moms and their families. Our products are sold by retailers in BC and throughout Canada and also in Korea. We are planning to diversify our operations in the Asian market.
We are currently in need of a Corporate Affairs Manager to manage our expansion plans in the Asian market. As Corporate Affairs Manager, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Plan, organize, direct and control the corporate governance and regulatory compliance of the company specifically regarding exporting to Asian countries;
- Establish and manage a regulatory register with respect to applicable laws and regulations in Asian markets;
- Direct and advise the company management and other staff on issues of International Business such as Asian Trademark and IP Management;
- Oversee the drafting and filing of all corporate secretarial documentation both with regulators and corporate secretaries;
- Assist the management in investment issues such as vesting shares, import partner investment, joint venture capitalization and IPO preparation;
- Review and negotiate major contracts such as long-term sales contracts and export sales contracts;
- Work with relevant departments to ensure that potential risk exposures are identified and appropriate mitigation action taken;
- Provide risk management advice to senior management team including but not limited to export licenses for Asia;
- Review, evaluation and advice on trading terms, contracts and structures;
- Management of inter-company loans, drafting of loan documentation;
- Supervise the staff involved in the administrative services.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Business/ law or related field;
- 3-5 years of experience working in the field of corporate affairs, trade compliance- specifically as they related to the broad Asian market and risk management positions.
- Confidence and experience in identifying, managing and interacting with various cultures;
- Ability to strategically manage a budget and provide guidance and leadership to the management;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, be articulate and concise in both verbal and written communications with the confidence and ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent judgment, commercial acumen, and the sense to involve others who have the expertise to address issues, as required;
- Experience in both implementing and managing a compliance team and working in a global multi-stakeholder environment.
Salary: $36,000 per annum
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time (30 hours a week)
Language Requirements: English
Location: 170 Craig Street, Duncan BC V9L 1V9